Cooking usage -
● Enhance curries, stews, soups, and salads with green flavour.
● Palak Powder can be sprinkled on smoothies, yoghurts, and juices.
Health benefits -
● Boosts the Immune System
● Offers antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
● Improves brain function
● Enhances Eye Health
● High in vitamins A, C, K, and folate
● Rich in iron, calcium, and magnesium
● Promotes healthy digestion with high fibre content
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dried palak powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading
1. In a bowl, combine 2 cups of wheat flour, 2 tablespoons of dried palak powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder, and salt to taste.
2. Gradually add water and knead to form a smooth dough.
3. Divide the dough into small, equal-sized balls.
4. Roll each ball into a flat disc using a rolling pin.
5. Heat a tawa over medium heat.
6. Place a rolled paratha on the tawa and cook
7. Flip the paratha and cook the other side until golden brown spots appear.
8. Apply a little oil or ghee on both sides while cooking.
9. Repeat the process for the remaining dough balls.
10. Serve the palak parathas hot with yoghurt, pickle, or a side of your choice.
Enjoy your tasty and nutritious palak parathas!
Method of Preparation:
- Palak powder-15 grams
- Rice-500 grams
- Tomato-1 no
- Green peas/corn-15 grams
- Carrot - 1 medium size
- Potato – 1 medium size
- Bay leaf- 2 no
- Cloves- 5-6
- Cinnamon – 1 medium size
- Cumin seeds-2 grams
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
- Green chilies-2 to 3 no
- Coriander – for garnishing
- Salt -5 grams
Method of Preparation:
- Wash, peel, and cut the carrot, potato into desired shapes
- Wash the rice, add water and soak for 10 minutes (1:2 ratio)
- Grind cinnamon, cloves, green chilies, bay leaf leaf into coarse powder
- Heat a pressure cooker, add oil, cumin seeds, and toast
- Add the cut vegetables and toast for 1 minute
- Mix palak and spice powder and do final toasting.
- Add rice and the required amounts of salt and mix uniformly
- Pressure cook until 2 to 3 whistles.
- Serve with curd or any gravy
Vegetable Palak Soup
- 500 ml water
- 15 gm of palak powder
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream (optional)
1. Boil 500 ml of water
2. Add 3 teaspoons of palak powder, chopped tomato, chopped onion, minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and a pinch of asafoetida to the boiling water.
3. Let the mixture boil for about 10-15 minutes
4. Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
5. Once cooled, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
6. In a separate pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
7. Pour the blended mixture into the pan and stir well.
8. If desired, add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream
9. Cook the soup on low heat for an additional 5 minutes
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious palak soup