Curry Leaves Powder Recipes
Cooking usage -
● Enhance pasta sauces and soups with a sprinkle of basil powder.
- Add depth to pizza and Italian dishes with this aromatic seasoning.
- Infuse salad dressings and marinades with the delightful flavour of basil powder.
- Elevate the taste of roasted vegetables or grilled meats.
- Enhance curries, stews, soups, and salads with green flavour.
Health benefits -
- Basil is rich in antioxidants like beta-carotene and anthocyanins.
- It's a good source of copper, vitamins A and C, and various essential minerals.
- Basil can help lower high blood sugar levels and has antimicrobial properties.
- It acts as an adaptogen, reducing physical and mental stress.
- Consuming basil on an empty stomach boosts overall immunity and cognitive function.
1 tsp basil powder
3 cups water
1. Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil.
2. Add 1 tsp of basil powder to the hot water.
3. Cover the pot and let it steep for about 5 minutes, occasionally shaking the pot.
4. After 5 minutes, strain the tea to remove the basil powder.
5. Serve the freshly brewed basil tea and enjoy!
- 100 gm Sugar
- 25 gm Skim milk powder
- 13 gm Fat
- 2.5 gm Liquid glucose
- 20 ml Water
- 10 gm Mint powder
1. Mix sugar and water in a saucepan, dissolve sugar by boiling.
2. Add fat, stir until fully melted.
3. Blend in skim milk powder, liquid glucose, and mint powder, ensuring a smooth mixture.
4. Boil until the mixture reaches a "soft ball" consistency.
5. Remove from heat and vigorously beat the mixture until thickened.
6. Pour the thickened mixture into greased moulds, let it cool, and then transfer the candies to
MPP and LDPE pouches for storage.
Basil Herbed Peas
- 150 grams Peas
- 25 ml Water
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Basil powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, mix peas, water, butter, basil powder, and onion powder.
2. Cover the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
3. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
Basil Powder Laddoos
- 10 grams Basil powder
- Ground nuts
- Cardamom powder
1. Cut the jaggery into fine pieces.
2. Roast the ground nuts and coarsely grind them.
3. In a blender or mixer, blend together the basil powder, jaggery, and cardamom powder until
4. Add ghee to the mixture and blend again until it comes together. Then, shape the mixture into
small balls to make basil powder laddoos.