About The Program
Duration : 15 Days (Residential)
Date : Coming Soon
Training Fee: Rs.15,000 + GST
Why You Should Attend
If you would like to start your own commercial organic farming practice on your land (holding size of a minimum of two acres), sign up here! While we encourage retired soldiers and their families to participate actively, this workshop is open anyone and everyone who has an interest in organic farming and sustainable nutritional methods.
What Will You Get From It?
Upon completing the training, participants will:
- be able to design, plan and setup their own organic farm.
- grasp a good understanding of organic farming business models
- be able to become a franchisee party to Gratitude Farms for commercial organic farming (*currently applicable for participants residing in Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu only; more cities to be added in due course)
- Hands-on learning in sustainable farming practices
- Interactive sessions with organic farming experts and experienced farmers
- Best practices for all stages – from seeding to harvesting and beyond
- Mentoring and ongoing support post the training program
- Sustainable farming methods and practices for different crops
- Soil enrichment, seed identification and nursery creation
- Bio-inputs preparation
- Pest and disease control methods during harvesting
- Processing and packaging of the final produce
- Business planning and marketing of organic farming products
Where Will It Take Place
At the Sharanam Campus, a pristine residential training facility in the outskirts of Pondicherry, near Lake Ousteri. Developed and managed by the Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry, the campus has been recognised as one of most environment-friendly designs by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).